Tuesday, October 23, 2012

9 sPooKy DaYs!!

Today's Halloween craft/activity, we decided to make sugar cookies!!! :) 
we invited a few friends over to help decorate them, and 
take the majority of the cookies home, so we won't eat a whole batch....

But super fun for the kids to get permission to frost their own cookies, and use sprinkles all on their own! I usually let my kids have full control of their cookies. And I'll save a few so I can decorate a few that won't kill me with all the sugar from those sprinkles with a taste of cookie ;)


Here is Miss Pink's recipe that we use:


Eggless Sugar Cookies/Dairy free/Soy free:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (I replace butter with shortening-so 1/2 cup shortening and 1 Tbs water)
2 Tbs Milk (we use rice milk)
2 teas vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teas baking powder
1 pinch of salt
3 Tbs flour 1/8 cup sugar

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Combine butter (shortening) and sugar in a bowl, mix until light and fluffy.
3) Add vanilla and milk.
4) Combine salt, flour and baking powder.
5) Combine wet and dry ingredients.
6) Add extra flour to make it less sticky (if needed)
7) Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten....cut out shapes if desired.
8) Bake 8-10 minutes. Our oven cooks fast, so I usually will do 7-8 minutes....
(it will make about twelve 1 in balls or so)



Here's the recipe I use for the rest of the Sugar cookies.

3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teas salt
1 teas vanilla
2 eggs
1 teas water
1/2 teas baking soda
2 cups flour

Combine shortening, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then add water and baking soda and mix. Slowly add flour just until well blended. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/4 thickness. Cut with the cookie cutters and transfer to lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-9 minutes or until golden brown and soft. Let cool before you frost and decorate :)
Enjoy!




For dinner tonight, we went with Boo Spaghetti.
simple and cute! My kids loved that the spaghetti had writing on it ;)


Whole wheat pasta with your favorite spaghetti sauce.


On nights that I am working, I try to make dinner for my kids before I head to the gym. 
So, here is their dinners all packed up. :)
My kids are OBSESSED with broccoli and green beans, so that is our go to veggie.


Hope you enjoy everything on today's post!!! :)

-kelley anne

1 comment:

  1. I never know when people read their comments or not, but I thought I would offer a Halloween movie if you feel lacking and if you can think of one you don't have, that I do have. Anyway, I loved the sugar cookie idea

    ReplyDelete